Friday, September 17, 2010

Fire House



So when I used to Nanny every once in a while I would take the kiddos to the fire station. Well it dawned on me the other day that I had not done that with my own children! We had to run out to get some groceries and passed the fire station on out way and the trucks were parked out front so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to stop. Wesley was all excited about it until a fireman came out and then he went running back to the car. With a little convincing (and an awesome fireman who obviously had kids of his own with how great he was with Wes) we toured around the trucks and the firehouse. By the end of it Wesley was asking question and even wanted to "drive" the fire truck. Paxton just sat on my hip taking everything in and watching every move that anyone made. Wesley got to show off his muscles and held a fire hose as well as some equipment for breaking into houses. They gave both boys some play fire helmets! When we got home Wesley said he wanted to play fireman and that I could be the driver and that he would be the "computer guy"... he had been in the passengers seat and shown how the computer works! I think we will be making many more trips to the fire house!

No comments: