Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dancing Dude

So today we were going to pick david up from work but ended up with an hour to kill in the city. I decided to be brave and try and find the Haitian embassy on my own. Wesley we really into helping me "find" it and was looking for street signs and such. We found it pretty easily and a parking space too! We went inside to find out if I could sign up to help with anything this weekend in the area. We were waiting in line and Wes said "Mommy, are we in Haiti?" I didnt know how to explain that to a two year old so I told him that we were in the embassy. A Haitian man standing behind me heard him and asked me if he has just said Haiti. I told him he had. The man then asked if he wanted to go there or had ever been there. I told him he sort of had because I had gone when I was pregnant with him. The man looked slighty shocked and said with doubt "YOU have gone to Haiti!?" After it was my turn to talk to the lady organizing and Wesley was walking around looking around and had taken off his jacket. I finished with my questions and asked his to put his jacket back on. He ignored me and continued to explore the embassy, he was sitting in chairs and looking at artwork. He then started walking up to people and saying "bonswa" (good afternoon in creole). He went over to a man who had just walked in the door and very loudly said "bonswa!" and started jumping up and down. The man said "bonswa" back to him and started jumping up and down with him. Eventually the jumping sorta turned into dancing together...... the man.... The Haitian ambassador to the United States!!!

No comments: