Monday, January 18, 2010

Helping Haiti

This morning when I was watching the news I saw a report saying that they needed people to help sort donations that had been made to get them ready to ship to Haiti. So we decided that we would all go downtown and I would go work for a bit and David would take the boys and find something to do with them. After going to a few places and finally finding one that was not too full already I left them and got to work. They went and got some food and then hung out across the street at a soccer field and were watching people play. After I had been there a while I got a text from David with the following conversation Wes: Mommy help Haiti? David: Yes she is. Wes: I wanna help Haiti. So cute! He is very interested in Haiti and the people there. He talks about Chama (the girl I sponsor) quite a bit. He also says he wants to go there and we had a conversation yesterday about how he had been there when he was in my belly! When I was almost finished working I went and got him and brought him over to the work area. I showed him the bin that had the toiletries in it and I worked on sorting out a box and he would carry the stuff to the toiletry box and put it in. He was very serious about the job. Once that was over we left. While walking back to the car he grabbed my face and turned it to look at him and asked me very seriously "Mommy did I help Haiti?" I was very happy to tell him that he had! I love that he loves to help!

No comments: